My Pleasant Weekend @ Princeton Hotel, Bukit Indah (May 2014)


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Johor » Johor Bahru
May 24th 2014
Published: May 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 24th May 2014

This was a last minute decision to stay over for the weekend at Bukit Indah, Johor Malaysia.

Given the relatively long commute via public transportation from Singapore, it made logical sense to stay over without the mad rush for home on Saturday evening. A couple of hotels had sprouted around the neighbourhood recently and for the purpose of this weekend stay, I made a go at the Princeton Hotel.

The hotel was roughly 10 minutes walk to Jusco and along the same stretch where the massive Kaki Kaki Reflexology was located. There was nothing to shout about in terms of amenities at Princeton but it made up by having a rather comfortable room that came with cable TV and somewhat erratic wifi signals. The staffs were very friendly though which made the whole stay a very welcoming (and budget) experience.

My usual routines continued at my favourite Lavender Café and Black Canyon Coffee as well as the really Popular Bookstore with its wide selection of Chinese books. I always found something to purchase at the Jusco Store. This time round, a pair of slippers bearing the Brazilian Flag in time for the World Cup Fever. The body massage routine performed by the Chinese lady at Kaki Kaki Reflexology was rather ok but given the slightly inflated prices for the ambience, I would probably stick back to Holiday Plaza for my future fix.

The nearby McDonalds provided a nice alternative for breakfast before 10am since most eating places within walking distance were not opened before that time. By early afternoon on Sunday, it was a good strategy to slowly make my way home before the crowds build up in the evening.

This was yet another restless weekend for me in Malaysia as I welcomed the new work week, often with the feeling of not very well-rested for the challenges.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.367s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 88; dbt: 0.2771s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb