Mutiara Deluxe Weekend (June 2012)


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Johor » Johor Bahru
June 2nd 2012
Published: June 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, 2nd June 2012

Barely 3 months from our last stay, we decided to check out the Mutiara Johor Bahru again last weekend.

What a difference it made given the deterioration state of service at the Front Office. Our room check-in was only possible after 4pm as the previous guest had left the property only at 3 in the afternoon. A simple apology or any attempt of a service recovery was expected but conveniently forgotten. Clearly, the unhelpful staffs did not understand the meaning of "customer service" and "basic courtesy".

Ironically, we had booked a Deluxe Room this time round. We had expected something decent to come out of it. Instead, our 1 hour was spent chit-chatting at the lobby while waiting for our room to be ready.

4pm. The only thing that separated our Deluxe Room from the cheaper rooms were the provision of 2 complimentary drinking waters and a well-stocked toiletries set. The rest of the room amenities seemed quite comparable.

While the ladies decided to spend their afternoon at the Holiday Plaza next door, I had the triple room to myself until dinner time. Since we had decided to skip KSL City completely this time round, our dinner was relegated to a simple KFC affair. An after-dinner drink at the Hong Kong Cafe rounded up our peaceful Saturday evening.

Sunday, 3rd June 2012

Breakfast at the Seri Mutiara Cafe was a busy affair this morning given the school holiday crowds. On several occasions, the staffs were diligent enough to top-up the food when supplies were running low at the buffet table. Thumbs up to the hardworking staffs at the restaurant.

2pm. When we left the hotel in the afternoon, we decided to say goodbye to Mutiara JB for good given the less than satisfactorily check-in experience. They had the opportunity to turn the ball around but given their "bo chap" attitude, our basic requirements were not met.

Certainly, our money would be better spent elsewhere I reckoned.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.404s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 89; dbt: 0.314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb