Last day in HK, first day in Macau


Advertisement
Macau's flag
Asia » Macau
May 14th 2006
Published: June 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our final morning in HK…

Breakfast at Tsim Sha Tsui MacDonald’s. I noticed a small kid lying on the table with his head down while waiting for his mum. It was quite a cute sight. Its ham macaroni for breakfast today thinking that it was something unique. It’s bland even though it seemed healthy.

We split into two taxis where they brought us to the ferry terminal to catch a fast ferry to Macau. It simply reminded me of my BMT days in Tekong having to take the weekly fast craft.

Our 8 Days 7 Nights in HK had finally come to a complete end.

1 hour later ~ Welcome to Macau

A free shuttle bus from the ferry terminal took us to Taipa Hotel.

“Yes it’s a hotel finally…...” Even though it’s only a 3 star property, all of us were satisfied with the modern, spacious décor of the comfortable room. And the room right before our very eyes was no different from the photos we had seen from the hotel website.

Lunch was at Taipa Café at Taipa Village which was going to become our favourite hunt. The food serving was huge and prices affordable. We soon made small talks with the friendly lady boss. They expressed shock when C & I wanted to purchase the glass cola bottles away as souvenirs because nobody did this. A bit of explanation and they understood our intention.

Rows of souvenir shops lined Cunhua Road in Taipa Village where we made some purchases of almond cookies and the like. It made a comfortable afternoon stroll without the usual crowds.

It was dog racing that evening and I kind of pity those dogs who engaged a lifetime of racing career. Chasing the magnetic rabbit day after day to the amusement of visitors, they are dogs with no souls. And the painful growls they made prior to each race were haunting.

We took pictures of the Lisboa Casino after denied entry because we had left our passports in the hotel. We were not fanatics anyway so it’s really ok.

Our final meal for the day was Portuguese Egg Tarts. Strangely, the egg tarts at HK KFC somehow taste better…



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



30th June 2006

Macau
Hmmm.... never thought of visiting there because I thought they ain't many things to see or places to visit. Did you gamble??? haha....
2nd August 2006

Macau
During my one and only trip to Macau, I won HKD3K on the jackpot machine :):):) Very lucky - Invested only HKD19/- Never went back again. Quite different now I see. Maybe another trip in the near future. You take really nice Pics!!

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb