Macau... OO WOW!


Advertisement
Macau's flag
Asia » Macau
October 4th 2010
Published: October 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Mike and I used Monday of our National Holiday to go see Macau which is like a Chinese Las Vagas. It is only an hour ferry ride away from HK so we made a day trip out of it. It was pretty cool but it rained for most of the day so we were forced to seek shelter in casinos. While Mike went off in search of Texas Hold'n I went high in window shopping. We were suppose to meet back at 6:30 at a restaurant. I can honestly say being lost in a foreign city that you are not staying in and dont have a working cell phone in is a very stressful situation. Mike did not show back up until 7:05. A just 35 minutes late, but I was already rather annoyed. I also had Mikes' passport so there was no way of leaving without one another. But luckily he lost at poker and showed back up no harm done. I passed my time my playing 1 penny slots and eating gelato (so it wasnt too bad). In the evening though the weather cleared up and we went to the city center which was very cool because of the Portuguese influence in the architecture. Enjoy the photos my favorite is of the ruins of the church. Someone told me that it is the best monument to Chinese Christianity that they know of. Very interesting I thought.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Venetian Grand CanalVenetian Grand Canal
Venetian Grand Canal

Mike was playing poker and I was shopping


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb