This is not Vegas....it's Macau! Part 2.


Advertisement
Macau's flag
Asia » Macau » Taipa Island
November 12th 2011
Published: November 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The weather in Macau has been bad for the two days that I've been there. Rainy, cloudy and windy off and on. The weather has stopped me from seeing the old colonial parts of the country - which was one of the things that I wanted to do. But on the positive side, another excuse to go back to Macau! Lol.

Due to the weather, Amanda & I were only able to do and seeing indoor things. We started the day with the Macau Tower Skywalk - even in the rain. The guide was not too happy that our walk didn't get cancelled due to the weather so she really rushed us and tried to kill us by telling us to run on the slippery deck and hang off the ledge! lol..... Thank god I survived as many of you may know I have a huge fear of heights.

That evening we went for Thai food with Aaron and Marisa. The restaurant that we went to was managed by Jesus (the man that found us stranded in front of his condo complex). Food was delicious and the company was great! Following dinner, Amanda & I went to the Venetian to watch a Cirque Du Soleil production called Zaia. It was good, but not as excellent as the House of Dancing Water in the City of Dreams.

The Venetian is an amazing Hotel and Casino as the picture suggests. The shops were still open at 11pm in the evening, the shopping complex/mall had amazing detail and decor.

Overall Macau was fun even though it was raining for the three days, two nights I was there. The rain allowed me to get to know my hosts much better. An amazingly fun couple. Definitely remain friends.

The following day, we left Macau and returned to Hong Kong for a night before heading to Vietnam.

The next morning in Hong Kong, Amanda and I went to the Giant Buddha in Lantu Island. The Giant Buddha is parched atop a mountain. To get to the Buddha, you had to ride a cable car, then climb 240 steps to reach him. Yes I did it! Twice! After some photos, we had a vegetarian lunch in the Po Lin Monastery prepared by the Monks.


See y'all in Vietnam.


Additional photos below
Photos: 72, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb