From the Peak Tram to Macau and back by ferry


Advertisement
Macau's flag
Asia » Macau » Macau
October 28th 2009
Published: October 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 28.10.2009 Day 13
We went to Hong Kong Island by ferry we walked up to the end of Nathan street to get to the ferry then we went to the tallest building in Honk Kong the 2itc which is the 5th highest in the world they do not let people joy ride up to the top like other placed do so we could not go up to the top.
We then went up the giant escalator up the side of the mountain though the streets and shops. We shop at a coffee shop on the way and had a healthy brunch then continued up the escalator. We then walked to the botanic gardens and zoo then walked to the peak light rail and went up to the Peak it was a fantastic ride and the view up the top was worth it, You could see for miles. The return trip only cost 33 hkd ($5 Aus). There was lots of expensive restaurants there but also McDonalds and a Hungary jacks. The water was expensive there so we got a coke from Hungary jacks it was 16 hkd ($2.4 aus) for the largest size.
That afternoon we got the fast ferry to Macau which was the Portages owned Hong kong is it a separate state so we had to go though immigration on the way in and out. It took about an hour and cost $300hkd ($45 Aus) for a return trip. We hoped to see some of the historic buildings but it was dark when we got there so it was hard to see them. So we had dinner on the water and went to some of the many casinos there and had a few drinks and watched the show before getting the free buss back to the ferry we got back to our hotel at about midnight very exhausted after out long day. If you want to do Macau you need the full day to make the most of it to see the historic stuff and the modern things.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.286s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0859s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb