Muang Houn - Pak Beng & cruising down the Mekong


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos
July 30th 2007
Published: August 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Wanting to head straight to Luang prabang (very optimistic), but tranport failed us,surprise surprise. after many interesting bus journeys, local style, packed like sardines, hangin off the edge of whatever form of transport they want to call it (all good fun tho, i have to admit & part of the wonderful experience of it all), but we eventually had to stop & stay overnight in Muang Houn...a very small & random village to say the least. turned out to be great...people really friendly (no english of course as is not a touristy place) & we got forced to join some kind of party where practically half the village turned up. tried some great food (most of which im still not sure what it was, but perhaps it's better that way) & trying our hardest to communicate. lovely evening & a real lao experience to say the least!

next morning headed off to pak beng, hoping to catch the boat to luang prabang...unfortunatyely just missed it by 20minutes got stuck in pak beng for the night. quite chilled out here tho & a very pleasant stopover.

next mronigntook the beautiful boat journey all the way to luang prabang. an all day affair, with wonderful views all the way. driver was a bit of a nutter & we broke down halfway & had to have the boat repaired but still managed to arrive sometime that evening...pretty good stuff!!

anyway, safe sound in luang prabang...

(this is really rushed i know, but im way behind...am actually in vietnam now but weeks behind on the blog...sorry!)



Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb