weds day 117


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
May 20th 2015
Published: May 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

With not much else for Vang Vieng to offer us, Kate and I decided to begin our descent of Laos. With not wanting to stop over again in the capital - Vientiane - the next obvious place seemed to be a small town on the west side called savannakhet. This would mean partaking in a 16hr coach journey to get there! So, after a lovely breakfast of my new favourite thing ( muesli and yoghurt) we booked our tickets at the tour company next door. Chilling out and buying a few foodie bits for the trip we got picked up at 1ish to be taken to the bus station - bus stations are rarely in the town centres here, instead anything up to 10-15km on the outskirts. Getting our seats on a coach along with about 150 other tourists we were on our way - firstly to Vientiane. After a 4hr journey we had made it - now for the 12hr part! Having about an hour before departure we stretched our legs and brought a tuna baguette each for dinner. Squeezing on the night bus we found our bed, right at the back a bed to be shared with 3 others - although one of the people being a small child it didn't feel such a tight squeeze as last time. Reading for a bit and having our dinner I didn't have too many problems nodding off.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.259s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1988s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb