Vang Vieng


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
March 27th 2011
Published: March 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

From tranquil Vientiane, we went lively party town of Vang Vieng. Vang Vieng is a must-stop on the Banana Pancake Trail through Asia (Banana Pancake Trail is the route most travelers take through SE Asia - so named because you can always find banana pancake stalls catering to Western tastes). The main attraction in Vang Vieng is 'Tubing', which is where you hire a inner tube from town and then get dropped off 4 KM upstream. You simply lie back in the tube and gently float back to town. Along the way, you get pulled in (literally) to loads of riverside bars selling cheap booze (alongside other 'Happy' stuff). The bars have high trapeze swings over the river and zip lines that you can whizz down to the water. Something Adam really enjoyed. We lost track of time and had to paddle down the river to drop off our tube. When we got to the end, lots of village children tried to grab our tubes to play. Gabrielle got her tube overtaken by three children who pulled it off of her and were happily jumping on it. It took both of us to get it back off of them and Gabrielle was treated to a stone thrown at her leg by a naughty child.

Surprisingly, the next two days it rained so we couldn't go white-water rafting. We spent the time uploading our blog and sitting in the restaurants watching Family Guy on loop.

P.S We have to get our waterproof camera processed so got some photographs online.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb