fri day 105


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Nong Khiaw
May 9th 2015
Published: May 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Packing up our bags before heading up the road for some breakfast, Katya and I were ready to leave Luang prabang for a change of scenery. Being ready for collection at 08.30 and actually getting picked up at 09.30 we didn't think we were going to leave! We were driven to the bus station to get on another minibus with 9 others all heading north to Nong Khiaw. We sat at the back with a girl from the UK called Hayley and chatted most of the way. With questionable suspension and the roads in Laos being as they are - bit of concrete, bit of dirt track but very bumpy it was a very funny - don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time kinda journey. Arriving in what looked like the middle of nowhere we all fell out the minivan and got on a songtheaw to take us to the guesthouses. Having noted down a few from trip advisor we went in search of sunset guesthouse - really good reviews but grumpy owners! Sure enough we found it down a side street and got booked in - the owners don't seem too bad either! With Hayley staying with us we headed off to get our bearings and a drink. Nong khiaw is a very small town which has based itself either side of the Nam ou river - with a couple of shops, a few restaurants and lots of chickens! Popping out in the evening for an indian with some other people we had met it was a nice ending to the day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 42; dbt: 0.1084s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb