'laos beer or beer laos?'


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
February 10th 2012
Published: February 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hello!

We have now arrived in Laos after a eventful few weeks...

After Krabbi we first headed for Phi Phi which is a very cool, small island, there was so much going on all the time, and plenty of partying on the beach! We only stayed two nights before setting off for Phuket, which has the most perfect beaches as well as a long street of busy bars and clubs for the evening, we stayed in a pretty nice room, or so we thought until we saw the biggest spider either of us have ever seen, and screamed and screamed so loud (at 3am) that next door came running worried we were being attacked, which was quite embarassing! Scarier though was when Lily was grabbed by a man with no legs who then miaowed at her... very strange!

We then flew from Phuket up to Chang Mai (to a hotel with a pool!) where we stayed for one night before going on a 3 day trek, which started with a 3 hour uphill hike which was torture! Once at the top, the view was sensational, and we stayed in a very cool bamboo hut (which was also freezing at night and we only had shorts and t shirt!). once we arrived, our group all napped, while we had to play with Thai childen for about 2 hours! The next day our group of 8 became 5, us, an israli man and two guys in their twenties who we got on really well with which was lucky, and one of them was brazilian and is going to meet up with us in Rio and cook us some authentic food!. We visited several waterfalls before reaching our next sleeping place, right next to rapid water, which we tried to swim in, and probably would have drowned if it wasnt for the guys helping us! (also, seeing a snake in the water was scary) there wasnt much to do so we had a bonfire and played cards by candlelight which sounds rubbish but was so much fun! The next morning we fed elephants, then rode them (sitting on the neck was quite nervewracking) and went white water rafting and bamboo rafting before heading back to Chang Mai, by which time we were knackered, and also had lost our padlock key in the jungle and had to have our things sawed out of the locker!

The following morning we got on a bus heading for Laos, which took about 8 hours and was not comfy as they had overbooked and we had to squish in! We stayed in a little guest house and then got on the boat which took 2 full days, stopping overnight at a little place with hostels and hotels, luckily one of our group got off quick and got us a nice place with good rooms and good food (we had buffalo). We stayed last night in Laos and went to a waterfall today which was a lot of fun, we are travelling in a group of 10, we all met on the bus and have stuck together since, and tomorrow will head to the capital for tubing, but will lose two of our group as the israli girls are heading north. Its weird that there is so many of us, but somehow is working our really nicely! We only have 3 weeks left of Asia so are packing in things while we can, have just had a massage... which was anything but relaxing, expecting bruises tomorrow!



xoxo



Amelia & Lily

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb