Luang Prabang


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
January 29th 2011
Published: February 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

19/01/2010 - 21/01/2010

From Nong Khiaw we all took the boat to Luang Prabang. It was a slow ride, a good 7-8 hours, but good fun. A bit lucky sometimes, hitting some rocks, engine not working properly, but still made it! Luang Prabang was actually the first real city in Laos.. also a lot of tourists. Finding a (cheap, vacant) guesthouse would not be easy. The men would take up this task and we looked and searched for more then an hour..no luck; then the women would have a go...after 5 minutes they came back with the perfect spot: cheap, clean, good location...

I liked Luang Prabang; it has a good atmosphere and in the evening there is a nice night market. For dinner we always went to the food market street where you can get a big plate of everything you like for 1euro, barbecue meat for same price and eating would be at large tables so you easily meet other hungry people. Afterwards we always ended with a delicious muffin or cake with a good lao coffee..

First day we went to the famous waterfalls, a bit outside the city. They were really nice, with several levels going up; a bit similar to the waterfalls in Kanchanaburi. Had a good swim and did some clumsy tarzan jumps..
In the evening me and Sarah went to the local night club. Till 11pm there was horrible live music, but once the dj started it was goooood fun! A good mix of locals, tourists, and huge lady boys!

Next day we rented a bicycle and did a tour around the city; ofcourse stopped at some temples. Not the most spectacular ones to be honest, but we did end up at Phu Si temple (has a nice hearing to it😊) where you have a view on the entire city and you can watch the sunset... be aware you ll not be the only one there






Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

vallllleeeeeeuhvallllleeeeeeuh
vallllleeeeeeuh

.....recht op mijn mulle...
luang prabang and its nice nightmarketsluang prabang and its nice nightmarkets
luang prabang and its nice nightmarkets

our favorite stand: pastery and desert!!!:) awesome muffins!!


Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0937s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb