Day 10 - Luang Prabang & Day 11 LP to Hanoi


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
January 3rd 2010
Published: January 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 10 - Dec 2 & Day 11 - Dec 3.

Day 9 evening, we went for a walk to the night market and I got more lao silk scarfs and a wood carving. We went to eat at the L'elephant restaurant. We ate at this restaurant every year for the past few years that we been here. The food was ok somehow. I remembered first time we ate there, the food was incredible.

Day 10, we went on our treking tour yesterday. We visited lao ethnic villages and visited the Tad Se waterfall. On our tour, we met a diverse group of people from all over the world. There were 11 of us and 2 tour guides. Our group consists of a couple from Canada and Malaysia; second couple from US and Venazevela; 4 people from Germany; and a girl from Florida who is currently teaching in South Korea. We enjoyed talking with them and most of them were teaching english and living aboard and on their vacations.

The trekking was very challenging. We treked about 3 to 4 hours and visited an Elephant camp, ethnic lao villages and ended up at the Tad Se waterfall (one of many waterfall here in Luang Prabang).

Last night, we went out to eat at the Coconut Garden. We had eatene there with our friends from Canada a couple nights ago. The food was very good.

Day 11, we woke at 5:30 am and went to give alms to the monks. This is what people from Luang Prabang do. It's part of our tradition.

Later this afternoon, we leave Luang Prabang and catch a flight to Hanoi, Vietnam.

Here are some of the pictures from past two days..


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb