The Gibbon Experience - "We got leeched"


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Bokèo Nature Reserve
December 16th 2010
Published: December 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After some very relaxing days in Luang Prabang, we took the night bus (14 hours, seats no. 1 and 2) to the Bokeo Nature Reserve (Huay Xai - border town next to Thailand, you only can stay there for just a few hours because there is nothing to do).

In the morning we went to the office of the Gibbon Experience, got to know our group members and had to sign a paper saying more or less: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING - and not the gibbon Experience is responsible, e.g. the cable breaks, the tree house burns, you fall of the cable or things get stolen..., nevertheless the Gibbon Experience was SOOO friendly to give us at least some safety instruction on how to use the zipplines.

Our group consisted of 2 Dutchies and 4 Aussies.

First day in the jungle we did some hiking, got to know the beasts of the jungle (leeches!) and Thomas got the first shower after 5 minutes (Thomas was sweating so much because of the humidity). Steffi on the the other hand had her first encounter with a leech - yak!

Then the zipping started.

At the end of the day we zipped to our tree house where we actually could take a shower. Sleeping so high up in the jungle was a great experience for us. Before breakfast we could do some zipping. Then the next hike to another tree house started.

We hiked, zipped, hiked and zipped...zipped and zipped and hiked again....

Finally we saw a lot of the jungle, some insects & birds, no Gibbons, lots of zipplines and really friendly guides and jungle guards who once again are getting paid badly by a big company which stuff itself with money and only giving little to the people actually running the project.

In the evening we left Bokeo to get back to Luang Prabang - another 14 hours bus trip. Now we are preparing ourselves for the next days in the central of Laos by having good food, relaxing and getting the clothes washed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 57, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



17th December 2010

Good morning Vietnam....
.....oder so ähnlich. Habe mal wieder in Euren Blog geschaut und mit Interesse gelesen, sowie die Bilder angeschaut, die Eure Tour und Erlebnisse nachvollziehbar machen. Wünsche Euch weiterhin viel Spaß und dass Euch nichts passiert, denn ganz gefahrlos siehts nicht aus. Bleibt Ihr dort auch über die Weinachtstage? Wünsche Euch jedenfalls eine schöne Weihnachtszeit, wo auch immer Ihr dann seid. Gruß aus Aachen Max
26th December 2010

Ihr Lieben, die Fotos vom elephant-ride sind nicht in Euerm Blog zu sehen. Verstehe ich nicht, ist aber so. Wir sehen die Fotos nur bis zur 58 - also Euerer Rückkehr von dem Bäumen. Könnt Ihr Euch das erklären? Habt Ihr den Schnappschuss von unserer web-Cam erhalten? Herzliche Grüsse Andreas

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb