4000 Islands


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » South » Si Phan Don
March 23rd 2015
Published: July 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Si Phan Don or also known as the 4000 islands is situated in the South of Laos near the Cambodian border. In the low rain season you can litterally see these 4000 islands appearing in the Mekong river.

There are despite these 4000 islands only three islands where you can stay, which are Don Dhet, Don Khon or Dong Khong. Most of the backpackers are going to Don Dhet, which is famous for its exciting nightlife. However, we decided to go to Don Khon, where you have less hostels and where it is a bit more quiete. We really wanted to relax and enjoy the beauty of the place without having noisy music all the time. We slept in a beautiful little bungalow with a terrace in front of the Mekong. We had a fantastic view and enjoyed more than once a little drink on this terrace during sunset.

We stayed on the island for four days. During this period we met Maoro, an Italian guy, with who we rented bikes and visited the island. We also visited the very impressive Khone Phapheng waterfalls, which has the largest waterfalls of South-East Asia.

At the end of these relaxing days, Stephanie and I split as I had to go back to Thailand to meet Florence and Stephanie went back to Lang Prabang for another week. I was really happy to travel with Stephanie, she is an amazing girl and I thank her so much for these three weeks spent with her.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb