Bus from Sam Neua to Phonsavan


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » East » Sam Neua
August 15th 2006
Published: August 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The busThe busThe bus

Yes,I rode on this for 9:30 hours straight - except for one lunch break...
This was absolutely the most exciting bus ride of my life...and the longest, and the scariest, and the most uncomfortable as well. Nine and a half hours on twisting mountain roads going through the most beautiful scenery...I got bit by a leech when the bus got stuck and we all had to get out and push so that is another first for me - it's not painful at all and I didn't even notice til I got to the hotel in Phonsavan and my leg was covered in blood and happily the leech had already fallen off so I didn't have to actually deal with it.

En bus de Sam Neua a Phonsavan, on a eu le totale: ecrasement d'un canard, coincage dans le boue (tout le monde descend pour aider a pousser et je pense que c'etait a ce moment ou je me suis fait attaquer par le sangsue..), les autres voyageurs en train de vomir par les fenetres (c'est un sorte de coutume de voyage ici mais je pense que s'ils mangaient moins copieusement avant et pendant le voyage ca ira mieux pour eux), bref, c'etait folklorique et je suis heureuse de l'avior vecu.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The pig in a bag on top of the busThe pig in a bag on top of the bus
The pig in a bag on top of the bus

The pig also rode on the bus for 9:30 hours..
Get your snacks - it's going to be a long rideGet your snacks - it's going to be a long ride
Get your snacks - it's going to be a long ride

I got to the bus station early to watch the bus loading ritual - snacking is an essential part of the trip.
Some of the wildlife that we did not run overSome of the wildlife that we did not run over
Some of the wildlife that we did not run over

We did however manage to get a duck
Don't fall over the edgeDon't fall over the edge
Don't fall over the edge

this is a little blurry but I took it when the bus was moving - we were right on the edge of these little twisting roads - it was exciting.


28th August 2006

Vive le bus!!! hihi pauvre canard quand même :(

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0988s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb