Reconnaissance of Modern Japanese Castle


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Toyama
November 7th 2007
Published: November 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I've been wondering whether I should go for nature or art as a photo target.
As the title indicates, this time I decided to go for art.
"Take some pictures of the most gorgeous, the tallest and the largest buildings in Himi-shi!"
So what's that?
Again as the title indicates, it is modern japanese castle.

As I mentioned in my 1st post, the invader "Maeda" is the keyword here.
It is his descendant who is building and maintaining these moden japanese castles here in Himi-shi or Toyama-ken and Ishikawa-ken.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Route MapRoute Map
Route Map

Look at the larger red dots. These are the locations where modern japanese castles are standing in Himi-shi.
The 1st castleThe 1st castle
The 1st castle

Just found out the 1st castle. Its name is "e-stadio". Odd spelling...
Warning! Deceptive banner!Warning! Deceptive banner!
Warning! Deceptive banner!

Have a look at the banner on the right. It is trying to represent international feel. But players are local japanese only... We can find a similar banner at Mcdonald restaurant.
ClosedClosed
Closed

It is closed today. What a skillful management! All the dummy cars are also completely removed.
Sneaking into the 2nd oneSneaking into the 2nd one
Sneaking into the 2nd one

Now I'm sneaking into the 2nd castle.
AdvertisementAdvertisement
Advertisement

It says "Pachinko - Toyama"
From a different angleFrom a different angle
From a different angle

There are a few cars parked. Note that most of these cars are dummies on workdays.
Ouch!Ouch!
Ouch!

Ouch! Patrol car. Luckily there are no cops there. Why is it parked here? You can find the answer at the end of this gallery. ;)
Automated loan shark machinesAutomated loan shark machines
Automated loan shark machines

Near modern japanese castles, there are always automated loan shark machines waiting for you! The interest is around 30% / week. If you borrow $1000 for 2 weeks, you have to pay back $1690, not $1600.
The 3rd castleThe 3rd castle
The 3rd castle

"North land" stands for the whole area covering from "Fukui", "Ishikawa" to "Toyama" prefectures. Before Meiji Restoration they were called "Front Yue", "Kaga" and "Middle Yue" each.
ColoringColoring
Coloring

The coloring of this castle is quite similar to cops' patrol car. Is this an accident? Never! Now you see the other side of the coin. ;)


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb