First thoughts..


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
May 28th 2011
Published: May 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So after 2 days in Japan this is whats been going on..

Chopsticks are great BUT i have no idea what im eating or drinking, transport is a blind guess, conversation is a great laugh, the culture is awesome like nowhere ive been before which is great. This is what its all about! Everything is in Japanese and theres a lack of english and english speakers. When trying to ask for help we generally end up laughing because noone has a clue whats going on!
Still staying with a local Jap on a futon and have plans to find some more locals along the road.
Went out to explore the craziness of the city, met a Dutch guy at a shrine and been travelling with him. Theres so many people here, something like 20 million in tokyo and every pavement is busy and every station is a nightmare!!
Been trying all sorts and ticking of the places to see and go. The achitecture is beautiful and all over the top. Electronics, anime and girls in mad outfits everywhere.
The food im eating is great and the fresh sushi is something special. We went to the worlds largest fish market and they have everything, so much going on, organised chaos but it just worked, the fish tasted so good.. probably the freshest you can get!!
Overall.. its big and busy and people need to smile more and ditch the suits but its so different, every moment has to be an adventure because i dont actually no whats going on! Cant wait to move on out of the city and im not guna lie im sure ive caught a spot of yellow fever haha..!! Peace x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb