the flight home and Tokyo


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
October 29th 2010
Published: January 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We started our trip home at 3:45am with an early taxi transfer to the airport. It's a really quick trip that early in the morning. We didn't have any problems with our luggage being overweight, so that was good. Our flight from Bangkok to Tokyo left at 7am. The flight was 6 hours, so we landed in the early afternoon. The flight attendant at the ticket desk recommended the sushi restaurant in the airport. It was sooo good. Everything was so fresh and tasty. Trev was swooning over the fatty tuna rolls (which were amazing) so he ordered a piece of sashimi - it probably cost about $10 CAD, but from the look on his face, I'm sure it was worth it. We looked around at some of the shops in the airport and found green tea flavour KitKat bars. Pretty good. I thought they would make good Halloween treats.

We boarded our flight to Vancouver at about 6pm. The flight took 8 hours and we actually arrived an hour ahead of schedule. I've decided that an inflatable neck pillow is a luxury worth flying with. It makes sleeping so much easier, with fewer neck kinks. We arrived in Vancouver at about 10am local time. We made it through customs with no problems. We got to keep everything! yay! After some lunch we called our parents to let them know we had made it to Canada in one piece.

One flight left. Arriving in the Edmonton airport was both happy and sad. It felt amazing to sleep in my own bed, but it's hard to believe our trip is over. Oh well, it won't be the last one!

I hope you have all enjoyed following us along on our adventures. I loved blogging and being able to share our experiences with you as they were happening, rather than trying to remember everything for when we got home. I'm so thankful for everything we got to do and see, and share.

Love, Court.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb