"Kanamara Matsuri" - or the Iron Penis


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
April 4th 2010
Published: April 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

What better to complete a trip to Japan than a bit of penis pandemonium? As luck would have it I was just passing through Kawasaki when they were celebrating their annual Kanamara Matsuri festival, when a gigantic bright pink iron penis is carried from a shrine through the streets with locals and visitors dancing after it!

This is a true newspaper report of the event from Japan's english language paper:

"Also, for people a bit peckish, there’s the usual fare of noodles and nibbles on offer, although for those particularly partial, a pecker or even a pussy may also be purchased. The former, on the whole, is a firm favourite!

"An event that, along with phallic food, is a festival with the focus very much on fun and a fair amount of fornication.

"The morning’s penis-based proceedings eventually building up to an incredible climax, that sees the colossal cocks carted through the crowd. Which, wherever one lives, is something seldom seen it has to be said.

"Although unfortunately, with such a lot of effort going in to getting things up and running, it only comes once a year."

The article is finished with ''click images for bigger, um, yeah..."




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb