Toilets!


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
April 14th 2018
Published: April 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Tokyo or New York?Tokyo or New York?Tokyo or New York?

View outside our hotel
Our cruise is quickly coming to an end, second day in Tokyo on board. We have thoroughly enjoyed our cruise, seas were pretty good as was the journey and the passengers, we have met many lovely people, quite a few aussies on board, we met one Melbourne couple whose son and family live two streets away from us, it is a very small world sometimes. We have had a ball with our friends Cheryle and Colin and enjoyed many dinners, laughs and bottles of wine and speciality coffees as as well as the obligitoray afternoon mudslide cocktail.

Whilst the ship is showing her age, she is still spotlessly clean, sails very smoothly and is loved by her crew.

One of the most amazing things about Japan, more than any other country we have been fortunate enough to visit are the toilets!

No matter where you go, truck stop, hotels, shops the toilets are the same, magnificent!

They are spotless and have several features, firstly there is always a seat warmer, there is always a button to improve the fragrance of the room, there is always a bidet, two in fact, there is the ability for the toilet to play music, so one does not get bored! in some one does not need to press a button to flush, once you alight, it does it for you!

I am very impressed by the toilets in Japan.

All service workers wear white gloves, not sure how many pairs they go through in a week, taxi drivers, train attendants, street sweepers, hotel bell captains, everyone who works with the public wears white gloves, bus drivers even! Dressed in their suits and white gloves transport drivers.

Japan is amazing and a place that we would certianly come back to so that we may explore more of this beautiful country. They are gentle respectful people, I know my mother in law, bless her, would never believe that. She had a passionate hatred for them after the war.

We have until Tuesday to explore this magnificient place and certainly wont do it justice in that time. The only downside is that everything is very very expensive. Everything.

What is also surprising in such a modern city not many of the young people speak English. This is very different in China where English is a compulsory subject at school. We had a group of students meet the ship at one of the ports, they sang and waved and grew very excited, ahhhh school.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb