Food Glorious food!


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Ueno
February 12th 2013
Published: February 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

{Anna}


We went to a street market in Tokyo.


It was very busy with lots of people buying things. Some of the people were wearing masks. Dad said it was to stop others from catching a cold.


You can buy lots of strange food like Octopus and Seaweed.


I was getting hungry. Dad said we could look for a McDonalds or try "something different". I said lets try something different so we went to eat a a place called a Ramen Bar. We had some noodles.




{Dad}

Going to a street market in any country is always an interesting experience! You can see all sorts of fresh food such as fruit, vegetables and fish. You will discover lots of food that you may not have seen before because you cannot always buy it in our country (such as giant red Octopus Tentacles)!!

Back at home we could go to a McDonalds any time if we wanted to. In fact McDonalds restaurants can be found in almost every country in the world, and they always taste the same!!

Anna wanted to try something different instead of having a McDonalds (because we know what that tastes like), so we went to a place called a Ramen Bar.

A Ramen Bar is a place where they will quickly cook you a bowl of noodles known as "Ramen". They are usually served in a soup with fish/meat and vegetables.

Lots of people wear face masks in Japan. If you have a cold you wear the mask to stop spreading your germs when you cough or sneeze!. You can also wear a mask even if you don't have a cold. This will help stop you catching somebody else's cold!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb