Backtrack to Wednesday


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Shibuya
July 7th 2009
Published: July 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Fancy Mall in Harajuku 15 secs

1 additional video(s) currently being processed
I believe I have some catching up to do. Breaking this up to limit the pictures per entry... mind is a bit hazy still from Jet Lag, consider yourself warned!

Wednesday we spent out checking the two "Fashionable" areas, Shibuya and Harajuku. Ended up having a pretty good time checking out the stores and such in the 109 Building (bought a T-Shirt I liked) before heading over to Harajuku. Checked out an extremely high end shopping mall, as well as some flagship stores for Tokyo like Nike and some other Japan specific places. The evening we all met up with Jason, another friend of Aaron's, and checked out a few of the bars in Shinjuku.

On Thursday my original plan was to take the Shinkansen to Kyoto or some such place while the other guys checked out Tokyo some more. However by the time I got up (was out late drinking the night before) and over to Central Tokyo I realized it would barely pay to bother going anywhere, so just spent the day relaxing and checking out Central Tokyo and Shibuya again, resting up my rather sore feet. Saw some dude driving a Rolls Royce that was standing on a street corner shouting about something.. seemed like a waste of a good Rolls if you ask me. Met up with everyone again in the evening and this time headed into Roppongi for some drinks to show Jason the area. Ended up spending most of the night in a place called Gas Panic Club.. about $6 per drink (any drink), and had a small dance floor. Wasn't too busy considering it was a week night but ended up having a pretty good time. Couldn't stay out too late since the trains stop before 1am.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb