Kokubungi


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Kokubunji
October 6th 2013
Published: October 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Leaving the Coopers house in Himeji we boarded the shinkansen for our last long journey across Japan to Tokyo and Kokubunji. From Tokyo we took a local train to Kokubunji to visit our Japanese friends. Kate's old host family and the teachers that were at Kokubunji HS when Kate was at Hallett Cove R-12. Celebrated the teachers10 year relationship with a beautiful meal made by Mayumi and Toshi. The party, in true Japanese style , included gift exchanges , Japanese sake and fresh sashimi . We left there late in the evening and still had a 2 hour train trip to Tokyo Disneyland and the Hilton Tokyo Bay Hotel. From Tokyo station we took the train to Maihama station, about 20 minutes. We noticed the big crowds all coming back to Tokyo station with their Disneyland souvenirs. Oh boy, we hoped that tomorrow,Monday, was not going to be too crowded. At Maihama station it was a convenient 50m walk to the Disney monorail and for $2.50 each we rode around to our hotel, The Hilton hotel was a cracker! They upgraded our room to include four king single beds and an amazing view over Tokyo Bay. There was a convenience store in the lobby that was super cheap, ready made food and a microwave to heat it up for you! All for only $4. Coke, beer, wine all for only$2-$3 each , obviously Japan does not tax these items like Australia does! Off to our room with snacks in hand. Ready for a big day tomorrow ! Dreaming of having the park to ourselves...


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb