Day 3 Japan minus Jet Lag


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Ikebukuro
June 11th 2015
Published: June 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Well we have decided that we would like to see Tokyo by water as we normally try to do this when we get to a city and last time we were here we did not even think about it. So looking at all the literature we decided to do the Tokyo Cruise - so off we go on the train (we are real commuters now you know) and get to the Asakusa boat station to be told we cannot get a boat until around 1.15. That meant we had to use up a few hours so we decided we would go and get something to eat. We found the market at Asakusa and recognised that we had been here before - it is a bit touristy well a lot when you see rickshaws lining up to try to get your business. Anyway we found this great little eating place and there were no westerners in so it was right up my street including it only sold fish (home and away, Paula, home and away).

So after lunch we get on the boat and you would not believe it there were so many Spanish women on it you would have thought we were in Barcelona. The yes you get it they start singing E Via Espania no I am not joking and we have over an hour of this - the poor Japanese must have thought what is going on here. So the boat docks at Odaiba and what is there but another statue of liberty.

To be honest would I suggest anyone do this boat trip unless you have nothing better to do NO. All you see is bridges and the architecture is nothing to write home about. Hang on a minute I suppose at Asakusa you can see a giant gold turd - yes that is what it looks like.

So homeward bound back to the hotel to book the hotel and sort out what we are going to do in Nagona.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.317s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1128s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb