I went walking.......


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Shizuoka
April 21st 2006
Published: April 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Have been checking out the surrounding area, the weather has been a lot nicer and everything is so green and pretty when the sun is out! In my area of Shizuoka it is mainly residential, with lots of green tea hedges on the surrounding mountains and vegie gardens that you see men and women tending. It is a quiet area, mostly families and older people so we feel quite safe walking home from tuition at night, and there are often people out walking until 10 ish at night, especially when the weather is nicer. Its quite nice to pass people in the street and wish them 'kombanwa' (good evening).


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

HedgesHedges
Hedges

I climbed up a bit into the hedges, its kind of like a maze, i felt like Alice in Wonderland!
WalkingWalking
Walking

On the way to the reptile mans house. He has a piglet inside, a silver fox (that is black) a nasty possum in a cage and a beautiful monkey from Thailand with huge eyes and soft fur and hands like a baby.
TunnelTunnel
Tunnel

A mysterious tunnel we found, only wide enough for one car at a time, we dont know whats on 'the other side of the mountain, the other side of the mountain' but we will investigate 'to see what we can see'
Landslide?Landslide?
Landslide?

Hoping this wasnt a landslide but...
Landslide?Landslide?
Landslide?

... maybe it was!!
ShrineShrine
Shrine

Also found a cemetary, huge big headstones but no actual hole. We think maybe the head stones house the ashes.
HedgesHedges
Hedges

These little carts transport people up and down the hedges
PlaygroundPlayground
Playground

The other playground that we take the kids to, this ones scary tho coz it doesnt have fences!!
SharkShark
Shark

Just lying in the seafood section in the Shizu, looks like one of the boys speared it in the head!!
Fish?Fish?
Fish?

The fish? that we bought to have for tea the other night, turned out to definitley not be fish, but maybe a big cuttle fish steak or something. Hopefully not a piece of that shark! We didnt eat it.


Tot: 0.583s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 129; dbt: 0.2923s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb