Mt Fuji


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Shizuoka » Mt Fuji
September 25th 2010
Published: May 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Mt Fuji

The season was drawing in on us for our opportunity to climb Mt Fuji, by the time we heading back this way. Only the stupid would climb it, but we wanted to at least see it. So we booked ourselves on the train from Kyoto to Mt Fuji, for one night only, as we were struggling for time to do everything we wanted and we had not even been to Tokyo yet, we had less than a week to go before our flight to Sydney. We constantly checked the weather praying for a good day for our only day at the mountain. We stayed in a lovely hostel that was empty. We headed to the supermarket to get our lunch, the town was small and very tiny. Nobody was about and only a handful of shops were open. We headed to the lake at the bottom of Mt Fuji, the weather was miserable loads of rain, so we didn’t expect to see much of Mt Fuji, however we didn’t expect to see nothing. We saw the base of the mountain, but the rest of it was in cloud. The town by the lake was dead. Hardly any shops were open. It was like a seaside town closed up for winter season. Nothing to do or see. We had a crazy idea that if we walked round to the other side of the lake we may see a bit of the mountain, however we soon realised that we wouldn’t be able to and decided to go back to hostel and have a chilled evening drinking and start again, a completely disaster of a trip but walking to the train station we couldn’t help but laugh at the rubbishness of it all. Next stop Toyko.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb