ureshii...no?


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Saga
March 29th 2012
Published: July 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Ureshino onsen is one of three onsen towns in Japan for skin beauty. After experiencing some other onsens in Kyushu, I really wanted to see how this "beauty" onsen is different to the other ones.

After making a few silly mistakes on the road, we finally made it to Ureshino, a small town in Saga that's surrounded by tea fields. Ureshino town is a very quite place. If I didn't know about its onsen, I probably wouldn't be able to tell its an onsen town.

The accomodation we booked does not look impressive from outside but is quite nice inside. Our room came with a private onsen on the balcony. The onsen is surrounded by some pretty decorations which give it some traditional vibe. I could tell the difference as soon as I put my hand into the spring water. It feels extremely silky and the feeling remains even after you take your hands out. What's better about this onsen is that they give you a wooden board so that you can have a few drinks while enjoying the warmth of spring water.

The room was also spacious and well decorated. This time dinner was served in our room. So far this is our biggest dinner in Japan. We were given so much food and everything was so beautifully cooked. My favorite is the lobester tempura. For someone who doesn't usually like tempura I finished the whole plate and wanted more!

Apart from the beauty onsen, Ureshino is also famous for its good quality tea and tofu soup. The kind of tofu that's produced here is so silky and soft that if you leave it in the soup long enough, the tofu would just dissolve in the water. It's difficult to describe the texture but it's definitely worth trying.

The town itself does not offer too much entertainment so we bought a few surveniers and started heading back to Fukuoka the next morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb