Day 4 ~ Arrival in Osaka FINALLY


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Osaka
April 30th 2007
Published: April 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Osaka Castle to Universal Studios



Welcome to the Kansai Plains. The Shinkansen finally pull into Shin Osaka Station on the afternoon of 9 April 2007. Was overwhelmed by yet again the numerous exit signs and the huge Shin Osaka Train station that welcomed us after the smoky ride. Thankfully, we found our accommodation, Hotel Shin Osaka practically next to the east exit of the train station.

Anyway, check in time was 2pm and a walk around the Osaka neighbourhood surprised us. It was extremely quiet and most shops are closed for the afternoon. We were lucky to trance upon a Japanese family restaurant. Being truly 100%!J(MISSING)apanese ~ No English menu, it was challenging to order food even with the lonely planet Japanese Phrase Book. After some haggling, smiles, embarrassment and pointing, we were able to accomplish our lunch mission with some difficulty. Thks A and J for your heroic efforts. After a picture with the restaurant owner and the cutey doggie, we were soon back at our hotel room.

"Thanks J for booking such a nice and the extremely HUGE and spacious hotel room."

The only minor disappointment was I was awaken at 5am the next day by the mystery radio sound which was never resolved. No matter how I tried to play with the buttons, the sound never really go away. Hmm........

In the late afternoon, another round of railway confusion and nightmare at Osaka Station. We have to look out for the Osaka Loop Line that would bring us around the city. By nightfall, we had checked out some of the principal sights in the city including the Osaka Castle, Shin Sekai ~ where we spent quite a fair bit of time shopping at UIQLO (the Giordano of Japan?) and eating the fugu fish (which tasted rubbery....was Japan Hour lying?). Our night ended at Dotonburi where all the neon lights are litted up in southern Osaka. Travelling between these places were fuss free thanks to the Rail Pass.


Day 5, Universal Studios



Early next morning, we made our way to Universal Studios with some excitement and anticipation. However, it was proven to be relatively boring trip esp the 3D shows. As a foreign visitor, it was diffcult to fully appreciate the shows as everything was in Japanese. However, the street parade in the afternoon helped to made up the whatever disappointment we had with the Theme Park. As we said goodbye to Universal Studios, our Osaka trip has come to an end. While not exactly the most interesting places, I was glad that it was in the city where we found our best accomodation for our Japan trip. And not to forget the most delicious Ramen we had eaten.






Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



6th May 2007

spelling error
it's UNIQLO lar..

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0792s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb