In Okinawa


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Okinawa
March 22nd 2008
Published: March 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Friday, March 21, 2008
We are at sea today and the calm came after a somewhat wild wave night. The ship was rocking and rolling through about 11:00am. Luckily we are at the back of the ship and it is far less bumpy in the back. People in the front said they were literally being pulled up in their beds. This morning there was another of the Explorations Speaker Series with David Horner talking about Pearl Harbor to Tokyo Bay. While an interesting topic, it was really a re-hash of much of the information we had heard in previous talks. In the afternoon they had signups for the Snow Job Game Show. This is a game where a group from the “event staff” try to figure out what job you had - only folks with unusual jobs need apply. Having been a “troll” in a previous life I have done this game show before and beat the panel. It is essentially like the old “What’s My Line” show. However this time I found out that one of the panelists had been on the panel when I did it on the South America/Antarctic cruise, so I pulled my name out of the running. Tonight when we went to the game show they had someone that was an embalmer - the panel guessed it, and then they had a woman that bought and sold used cruise ship casino chips. The panel did not even come close to guessing that job. Then the regular show started and while I had seen him in the hallway and recognized him, I hadn’t even thought about him being part of the show. Who is it - Marty Allen, the comedian. I remember him from years ago but didn’t know he was married to such a wonderful singer-composer as Karon Kate Blackwell. What a beautiful voice she has and his comedy routine is just as funny as ever with all the one liners he has. It was absolutely the best show of the cruise!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb