Kurashiki - Day 4


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Okayama » Kurashiki
May 21st 2007
Published: May 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Kurashiki was an odd place - described in one guide as one of the most picturesque places in Japan, this was clearly written by an easily excitable American, who is easily pleased!

The town is nice enough, but the picture postcard creation of a willow leafed canal was a little too twee and false for us. The pictures do suggest a pretty location, but it was in reality just a shopping arcade full of shops, high class souvenir shops but souvenir shops all the same. The same can be said for the bizarre reproduction of Tivoli Gardens, with mock buildings and no visitors (we didn't go in either!)

I suppose after the splendour of Sunday at Miyajima anything would be a little bit of a come down and it is not as though we didn't enjoy Kurashiki, it is just that when researching and planning our schedule we had known what was on an A4 laminated poster at J-Hoppers, which was that Kurashiki is a great DAY trip, but wasn't worth staying over.

Be assured, we're still enjoying ourselves and we're off to Kyoto on Tuesday and we are sure that we'll have the reverse of Kurashiki and that we will have too much to do and too little time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0973s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb