Day 03: Dazaifu Shrine, Yufuin, and Beppu Day Trip (Jun 2019)


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Oita » Beppu
June 25th 2019
Published: April 11th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday, 25th June 2019

I participated in a Kyushu day tour departing from JR Hakata Station covering Dazaifu as well as the hot spring towns of Yufuin and Beppu. Earlier on, I had my breakfast at the pop-up Hello Kitty Cafe within the station concourse.

The itinerary is spelt out as follows:-

8.50am - Meet up with the Korean-speaking guide at JR Hakata Station. I was given a copy of the English itinerary and the guide would try her best to include some English during her commentary.

9.00am - Departure to Dazaifu Tenmangu Shrine.

9.30am - Arrival at the Shrine. We had about an hour to explore the shopping street leading towards the Shrine. It was crowded even on a Tuesday. Admission to the temple complex is free.

10.30am - Departure to Yufuin.

12.00pm - Arrival at picturesque Yufuin which is surrounded by water and mountains. Lunch was served at one of the restaurants in town.

1.30pm - Departure to Beppu.

2.30pm - Arrival at Beppu where the Kamado Jigoku is located. This is one of Beppu's signature tourist spots.

3.30pm - Bath-time at Hyotan Onsen.

4.30pm - Journey back to JR Hakata Station.

6.30pm - Arrival at JR Hakata Station.

Generally, I found the trip to be value-for-money as it was very comprehensive. Delicious lunch aside, I also had a chance to bath at the Hyotan Onsen as part of the package.

I concluded my day with a nice tonkatsu dinner at JR Hakata Station before making my way back to Kokura.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb