Big Days


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Nagano
March 17th 2012
Published: March 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So just when I thought life couldn’t get much better it has!!

On Wednesday after yet another big day of powder plus it was my first day with my new board I bought for $AUD168 delivered from a Japanese website (not bad), we decided to stay out on the mountain and watch the sunset (great idea). So to do this we had to duck away in the no ski zone before the chairlifts stop and ski patrol buzzes around getting everyone off the mountain. Ohh and not to forget to take enough beer to last the sunset. At 3:30pm Matt, Tim and I took the top chair lift and dived under the no ski fence and headed along a peak to find a perfect spot for the sunset view. After snapping a few a few photos we made ourselves comfortable and cracked open our first beer. With the chair lifts starting to stop and people leaving the mountain everything went silence, expect us boys cracking jokes and laughing our heads off. As time went on the temperature dropped and we all started to freeze, especially me my round world trip is mostly going be in summer so not many warm clothes were packed before leaving home but looking at the view it was well worth it. The clouds rolled in and cut the sun out a bit earlier than normal but that was ok because it was around 5:30 so it was a good 2 hours out with the best seat in the house sitting in the snow drinking beer watching the sunset, life it great. Deciding the temperature had got cold and 4ltrs of beer each was enough for us we started packing up ready to get on our way to decent down the mountain to home. This was interesting to say the least, with only 10m visibility due to the darkness; I was pretty much stacking every 10 seconds. The three of us stayed together all the way down to make it as safe as possible with the situation we faced. Finally making it down to the bottom we hit a groom run so it wasn’t long til we were home. Everyone in the lodge were glad to see us and wanted to hear our stories, plus laughing at us because of the glazed looked we had from all the beers. It still was well worth it and something I’ll never forget.



Few days have passed and now it brings us to today 17/03/12, St Patrick’s day and what a day it has been. The mission was to have a shot of Sakie on ever chairlift in Nozawa’s ski field which amounts to 22. So with Saki bottles we bought the night before and backpack strap we were ready except the weather turned its back on us. We left the lodge around 9pm, six of us in force with backpacks full of Saki and bb guns for extra fun but it was raining and cold. Final walking to the first chairlift we noticed the main gondola wasn’t running and with a few question we were told that the top of the mountain was closed due to high winds. At this point we should have know that it was a bit of a bad day to do this challenge. So we started off with the first chairlift swigging our Saki as we rode it up, and it actual tasted nice. With many a laugh and a few bb gun shots and bruises we stop in at a restaurant on the mountain for a beer. This was a great idea, one for the warmth and two because this place was packed full of Japanese little hotties. After 2 jugs it was time to hit the cold again for the last few lifts. By the last we were all kind on our way and the stacks started to follow. Damo had a massive heel edge crash at high speed hurting his shoulder and Dave and I hit a tree each which fucken hurt. Now it’s time to relax and a few quite beers with no snowboarding.



Think I’m going to feel it tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



19th March 2012

electric bb gun
I just came onto your post and found it quite interesting. I am also associated with sniper bb gun, airsoft bb gun, best bb guns And love to enjoy the stuff on the same as its rarely found on internet. Thanks again for writing such a good post.

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0631s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb