A mountain and some lakes.


Advertisement
Asia » Japan » Mt Fuji
October 7th 2006
Published: October 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I am in Japan!!! A long way from Adelaide, Australia, but here I am in Shizuoka for a year teaching at an English Kindergarten while seeing and experiencing as much of this crazy, mixed up, amazing country as I can! Alrighty then, here we go for another action packed Long Weekend!!! Mum and Dad and Gran arrived on Thursday night (more about our adventures in Shizuoka in another blog) and for ou... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 59, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

OwakudaniOwakudani
Owakudani

The sulphurous gases
Inn FujitomitaInn Fujitomita
Inn Fujitomita

Very excited to be sleeping next to Mt Fuji
Onsen at Inn FujitomitaOnsen at Inn Fujitomita
Onsen at Inn Fujitomita

I forgot to write about this- my first onsen in Japan. This one was safe coz you were allowed to go in alone and lock the door. I am not getting naked with any old Japanese men!!! Or young for that matter.
Sunrise coloursSunrise colours
Sunrise colours

You can see the trail we climbed up on the right and painfully staggered down on the left.
AsagohanAsagohan
Asagohan

Breakfast
Good one Dad!!Good one Dad!!
Good one Dad!!

The only good photo Dad took on the whole holiday- without scaffolding or fingers!!
Lake KawaguchiLake Kawaguchi
Lake Kawaguchi

And the whale boats
Private Love SpacePrivate Love Space
Private Love Space

Every bit as seedy as it sounds
Watch your head Granny!Watch your head Granny!
Watch your head Granny!

Narusawa Ice Caves



19th October 2006

fantastic
Hi Amy What a fantastic blog! I loved the pictures...did your Gran really pinch the zucchini? MAtthew loved Hakone and it seems as if the whole area is really great. It makes me want to come back to Japan, because all I have really seen before is Tokyo, and that is just one big city! I would love to see the Ice Caves. Spoke to your Mum last night...expect you did too. They seem to have had a great time and we hope to catch up soon. We are going to do some beading together (at least, that is the plan, I plan often to do beading with my Mum but we just end up chatting and sorting the heads into separate piles...therapeutic anyway I suppose!!). All OK here. Kids are back to school for final term. Matthew goes to Gooese Island this term and is really looking forward to it. Claire has pet day and can't decide whether to take her kitten, her rabbit or the new baby possums. Shandy (the dog) has been many times and won all the prizes, so I don't think she will get to go this time. More later!! Love Sheila Oh..can I forward your Blog address to my Mum (dnnichol@senet.com.au). She would love to see your pictures and hear your news...'specially as she now has a Japanese grandchild!!
19th October 2006

Just a Mountain
Nice pictures! Makes me feel like I went along too. I would have loved the Owakudani and Mt. Fuji views! And that picture of you in the pilots uniform is an instant classic. I can see the picture of your family's faces in the cut-out gondola one for the photo album! Ice caves are strange too... How much do you charge for sightseeing tours? :)
20th October 2006

What exactly is 'rocket surgery' or brain science'? Don't you mean rocket science and brain surgery! Too much crazy mt fuji air for you!
20th October 2006

Get with it Piper
Its no fun if you say it properly Peter.
26th October 2006

travelling at the desk
Why life as a teacher, why not in marketing for the Japanese tourism industry? I have enjoyed your photos and observations. Not sure about Dad now having 7 years on Mum. Thanks for your postcards too. Lots of Love.

Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 26; dbt: 0.149s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb