Cirque du Soleil - Sendai


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Miyagi » Sendai
May 28th 2010
Published: May 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Once we got over the shittiness of our box room Sendai was a pretty fun/happening place to hang out - especially if you love shopping!

We had tickets to the Cirque du Soleil Corteo show playing in town for Friday and went to the matinee show. It was really fantastic! They really try to bring in the audience and make them part of the performance. The live music and singers were incredible as well. It's so well done you forget that it's live! I think my favourite artists were the chandelier girls who were basically trapeeze artists using chandeliers instead of swings. They were so graceful it was unreal! They made it look like they weighed 2 lbs. Just breath taking. We both really enjoyed the show - money well spent!

We ended up making a new "friend" at the show too. We called him Masahiro Takeshi. He was this random hip looking young guy who asked us if he could take a picture with us in front of the Cirque sign. We said, "Sure, no problem!" and took a picture with him. And that was it! He didn't talk to us again for the whole show. How strange is that?

After seeing Cirque we were famished so decided to pop into a restaurant near the big top for some lunch/dinner. We got a mix of different things to share but one of the coolest was this complimentary clam dish they brought over. They light it up at your table and it cooks in the shell. How cool is that?

We managed to get a bit of shopping in after lunch and then wandered over to the arcade to play some taiko and do purikura. It'd been forever since we'd had a chance to do either and it was a lot of fun. The arcade even had DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) so I tried to use it to teach Jim how to dance. Epic fail. But we still had fun. After all that dancing and taiko-ing we were feeling pretty thirsty so we headed up to an izakaya for a couple drinks. Seven drinks later we left and stumbled back to our box of a hotel.

All in all it was a really great day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Pride!Pride!
Pride!

It was prety nice to see them flying the Canadian and Quebec flags nice and high.


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb