Short stay in Kyoto


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto
October 4th 2008
Published: October 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Geisha SightingGeisha SightingGeisha Sighting

Walked right by her, definitely the real deal.
Sitting here in Kyoto Station... got about 30 minutes before the Shinkansen leaves for Kobe. Spent the night in a small little business hotel downtown here, got to check out some of the night life here in Kyoto. I went down an area of the city I forgot about... the Poncho District, an even better area to potentially spot the elusive Geishas. Paid off too, I saw a definite real one escorting a client to destination unknown, I can finally check that goal of this trip off finally. Also went to Atlantis, a small bar in Poncho that's one of the VERY few that is Gajin friendly. Pretty trendy little spot, packed full of folks, good atmosphere. Took a few pics but nothing too new, only got the back of the Geisha.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

ResturantResturant
Resturant

A Resturant in the Gion area.
Kimono PartyKimono Party
Kimono Party

Bunch of women that walked by me wearing Kimonos.. only in Japan.
Shrines GateShrines Gate
Shrines Gate

Cant remember the name of this Shrine, but its gate near Gion is pretty impressive at night.
Highly Exclusive ResturantHighly Exclusive Resturant
Highly Exclusive Resturant

Not the type of place you just go up to and grab a seat at.
PontochoPontocho
Pontocho

Poncho has its own unique charm, I love the entry way for a lot of these restaurants.
Pontocho StreetPontocho Street
Pontocho Street

Hard to capture it with all the newish signs but its a charming area
Astro BoyAstro Boy
Astro Boy

This is at the Kyoto Station.. i loved this cartoon growing up. Apparently the guy that came up with this idea also did the Lion King, or what the Lion King is based off of.


4th October 2008

Very Interesting!!
Great stuff!! Good picture of the Geisha - et al!! And quite the restaurants - Love and prayers, mom
5th October 2008

I wanna go there too!!! Re: geisha - cool!! Did she look young or older or could you tell?
5th October 2008

ok yuck - at the top of your blog page, Google Ads has the following: A Geisha Girl Bargain Prices. Smart Deals. Save on A Geisha Girl!
5th October 2008

Looked to be in her 20s or so.

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb