gero --> kyoto


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto
March 21st 2007
Published: March 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

today started off waking up in gero was was extremely cold inside the inn as well as outside. probably the coldest it's been during our trip in japan. we went to a different room where our breakfast was set up already on the table in the middle. another traditional japanese meal minus the sea creatures that still had their eyes. it was so cold outside, that when we bought ice cream at the train station on our way to kyoto, and spilled some on the sidewalk, it sat there for a few minutes before it even started melting.

when we arrived in kyoto, we checked into our hotel, the granvia kyoto, and then made our way to the shrine with 10,000 gates. look familliar? part of memoirs of a geisha was filmed here. we didn't actually walk through all 10,000 gates but did start walking up the mountain, passing smaller shrines and temples along the way. in the town around here, little birds (about the size of my lovebird yoshi) were skewered, grilled, covered with sauce, and sold as snacks. i don't have any pictures because its all very sad in my opinion. i can't even imagine eating them, they're whole little birds: beak, eyes, feet and all.

after the shrine, we walked around parts of kyoto. shelby and i found $170 kasil jeans for $20. what? sounds too good to be true? yes, but its true. they were originally $40 and marked down to $20. we bought 2 pairs each. i should go back,buy them all, and sell them on ebay.

then we went to dinner, where i had unagi (eel) on rice. went to mister donuts which is popular here since i've seen them all over tokyo and now here in kyoto, and picked up some to eat in the room. yum.




Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

shelby's hairshelby's hair
shelby's hair

looks like the gummo


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb