Kyoto Reunion - aka party time


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto » Kyoto
July 28th 2008
Published: August 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well Kyoto seems to be my party spot....and it proved itself once again when I went to meet a friend I hadn;t seen since training. Mark and I are like the smae person but in defferent bodies. We have a lot of strange things in common, and get on like a house on fire - I think we are remnants of a cloning experiment gone wrong actually.

There was a lot of mixing opf old and new friends, and also a lot of mixing of drinks, as we decided to eat drink and be - very - merry. We made friends with random strangers in restaurants, and then somehow convinced them to come to Karaoke with us, and generally didn't see too much of the city.....not the parts that dont operate at night time anyway.

We wanted to do some sightseeing, but the weather turned nasty on us, with the first bout of rain rampagin down on us and forcing us to stay indoors. One of the highlights of the daytime....has to have been the Houdini escapade...or escape!

Markus bought a small terrapin...a little green turtle, who makes suicidal leaps off of small places and moves faster than turtles should rightly be able to. I am beginning to realise why the tortoise won...it wasn't just because the hare was lazy you know. We spent 3 or 4 precious hours of our lives hunting for the little Houdini - and he earned his name! Turn your back for 5 seconds and -bam - he's vanished!

It was a lot of fun to hang out with familiar faces, and to meet some new ones. The only problem is, i am fairly partied out now, and ready to relax - only i will soon have company! O.o


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.035s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb