Kyoto and the Golden Temple


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto » Kyoto » Gion
October 3rd 2013
Published: October 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

An early start on the rapid express train to Fushimi Inari to see the many tori gates. We estimated 5,000 gates lining the hill . From the temple in front of the station you walk along 3km of pathways lined with tori gates. Each gate is labelled and dated. Many were bought by companies and groups. It was an incredible site but we were saddened to see the termite damage, reminding us of home! Back on the train to Kyoto, only two stops, and then on the raku bus. This bus line takes you all around Kyoto to the major sites. Kinkakuji, the golden temple first, then on to Kiyamizudera the temple on the hill. A great place for souvenir shopping along the paved streets of Kyoto. We saw young ladies dressed in Yukata, the traditional summer dress . There were many schools groups but they quickly departed, all 400 of them, as soon as the sun started to set. We saw a stunning sunset and then back on the raku bus for dinner at the station. We were home in Himeji by 10pm. Highly recommend this day trip! Wow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



5th October 2013
At kinkakuji golden pavilion

GOLD
I love gold!!!! I want to go to japan!!!!!!

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb