Japan Travel June 2009, part 3


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto » Kyoto » Gion
October 22nd 2009
Published: March 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Bullet trail to KyotoBullet trail to KyotoBullet trail to Kyoto

Jeffrey and Dad
We are nearing the end of the Japan adventure but don't fear, there are many pictures to close with a bang!
We stayed in a little Hostel/Guest House place called Bola Bola. It was quaint and beautiful.
It was also about 40 min. from the main district of Kyoto or Gion.
It was a tiny little out of the way place, yet everywhere we mentioned it, everyone knew exactly where you were talking about.
Our food wasn't nearly so elegant as it was back in Shamoda, but still very tasty all the same.
While in Gion and surronding areas, we visited Shines, Palaces, Markets, lots of shopping (not a lot of buying - very very expensive) and we even took part in a Traditional Tea ceremony.
And to steal a quote from another blog I read, I had tons of fun doing Geisha Paparazzi!
I was able to get a few more flutes to add to my growing collection (which is currently being stored in Canada) including a Chinese Bou flute. It is soo cool! If uses a little metal reed inside the barrel and you don't blow across the hole, but directly into it and with a great deal of air!
After this blog will come the final part of the family Asia trip ending in Busan, South Korea.

I hope you have enjoyed our trip through Japan.
Elisa


Additional photos below
Photos: 231, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

For ALL four of us!For ALL four of us!
For ALL four of us!

Each bundle is a folded up single bed.


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb