Day 04: To Sapporo, with Love (Jul 2018)


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Hokkaido » Sapporo
July 11th 2018
Published: October 11th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday, 11th July 2018

We completed our 310km rail journey from Hakodate to the city of Sapporo via the 3-hour Super Express train this morning. Along the way, we had our beautiful Shinkansen bento box to accompany us for lunch.

Upon arrival at the Shin Sapporo Station, we were very happy that our room at Hotel Emisia was ready for check-in. After a brief rest, we took a train bounded for Chitose where YP alighted at the Nera Outlet Mall for shopping while I continued my journey to the New Chitose Airport.

The Airport was a joy to visit with its myriad of colourful shops, eateries and museums. There was even a huge Royce Chocolate World and Retail Space located right at the heart of the Departure Area. I made a brief visit at the free Aviation Museum before making my way up to the outdoor viewing gallery. There were some artifacts of yesteryears and airplane models on display at the Museum. I also had the opportunity to taste the best milk ice-cream that I had consumed in all my visits to Japan. Finally, I took an early dinner at the Sapporo Style Curry Restaurant before linking up with YP at the outlet mall.

We did a little shopping at the mall before stopping by at the Chitose neighbourhood on our way back to the hotel. This was a fuss-free journey thanks to the value-for-money Railway Pass.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb