Miyajima - Seto Inland Sea


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Hiroshima » Miyajima
October 1st 2013
Published: October 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

After a well earned sleep in our futon we went down stairs for a western breaky . Then packed our backpack for a hike around Miyajima island. The weather was brilliant, we had 27 degrees with slight humidity and clear blue skies. We walked along the beach and took photos with the deer infront of the giant tori gate. Then up the ropeway to the top of Mount Misen. It was great to see Hiroshima and the many surrounding islands, we could also see the clear blue water lapping on the sandy beaches...we just wanted to go for a swim! We took the 2.5km walk down through the forest and came across many waterfalls and a large wild monkey, a Japanese Macaque. He didn't stay long enough for a photo and blended in well with the forest. When we arrived back at the souvenir shops it was low tide so we walked out on the beach and under the tori gate. I think one this size for Seacliff PS would be good! We had finished our hiking day, hot and tired we left the island by ferry to start out next journey to Himeji to stay with the Coopers .


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



4th October 2013

How was the yukata?
Was yukata good? I like yukata!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb