Disney Sea


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Chiba » Urayasu
September 12th 2013
Published: September 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

I know what you're thinking. Why would an American travel all the way from Southern California to Japan only to go to Disney? But Tokyo Disney Sea is something else entirely. It's more like California Adventures, if it were more developed and had a stronger, broader theme. There's everything to do with the sea, from an entire world devoted to Little Mermaid to Venice and Cape Cod waterfronts to the classic 20,000 yen under the sea ride.

First off, it's interesting to see what things Japanese people respond to, that Americans wouldn't. The first ride we went on Storm Rider was a virtual ride where you fly into the eye of a hurricane in order to disable it before it reaches Japan. Very specific to this country and this part of the world. Yes, we have our hurricanes in the US, but I just can't imagine this ride in an American Disney park.

Next we got soaked on a ride, journeyed to the center of the earth, onward to a jazz show, indiana jones ride, roller coaster, Aladdin's middle eastern world, rhythm of the jungle show. By the end of the day, eating our gelato, we were tired.



Robyn: “You’re not the man I knew ten years ago.”
Matt: “It’s not the years, honey, it’s the mileage.”


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb