Just arrived


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Chiba » Narita
August 10th 2007
Published: August 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

First flight

Sorry everybody, wasn:t sure where Tokyo is and they didn:t put it in English and I havn:t had the time to learn Japanese yet, so I:m just gonna preten that:s where Narita is. Don:t make any life changing decisions based on this

Hello everybody.

Finally here!!! Japanese keyboards are the hardest things in the world to work, so you will have to bear with me while I try to type properly. I only have 7 minutes left before I run out of internet too, so it's gonna get a bit messy. I could type in Japanese if you wanted to... 部tIドン:t運でrs短dうぁt位t亜. Anyways, that probably didn' work.

We had a good flight, when we got here there was a bit of a mixup because everybody had told us there would be somebody waiting for us holding a sign with our name on it, and when we did actually arrive there was nobody. It:s (You need to hold down the shift key to get an apostrophe and I just don:t want to anymore) pretty daunting when you:re in the middle of one of the busiest airports in the world, where you can:t understand anybody, and nobody came to get you!!! Anyway, I call Japan Airlines and after trying to understand each other, we realised that we were actually just supposed to have gotten on a shuttle bus. Japan Airlines owns a massive hotel just outside of Narita Airport and they put you up there for the night. It:s pretty good for what it is actually. Everything is ridiculously clean, which is nice, and they sell beer from vending machines in the hall, so that:s even nicer.

What else has happened...I tried some Sake last night, and made a great discovery. Sake is gross. Not sure how anybody drinks it but I:m pretty sure it always starts with a dare. Japanese beer is much better though, got some on the flight over.

Um...

We can:t put up any photos yet because I:ve got no way of transferring them across, so I:ll try to do that when we eventually get to London. We leave here at 12:00 and arrive in Heathrow at 4:30 in the afternoon there, so we lose about 8 hours - if I have done the maths right. It:s more than likely that I haven:t.

OK, well that:s about everything, we can:t wait to come back to Japan on the way back to see everything properly, we haven:t really seen anything except what was on the 15 minute shuttle bus back to the hotel, but even that was amazing. Gonna have breakfast now which should be exciting!!!

I:ll try to get some photos up this afternoon and see how we go.

Hope everybody is well and having a great time

See you all in MORE THAN A MONTH

MWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA



Advertisement



27th August 2007

awww
i was really looking forward to seeing the asian letters, but all i saw were squares :( unless they really talk in squares!? ive never been, but you have so you would know! gotta tell you though. this is the coolest page ever known to the human race! You have the time when you coming back and pictures of all these places that are amazing! Also noticed your funny...

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb