In Jakarta


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia
July 8th 2005
Published: July 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

It's hot. And sticky. It's also very sunny, and very cheap and the start of our big adventure!

Getting to the airport was a bit hairy: we didn't pre-book our National Express tickets and had to go on stand-by to get on the coach. Luckily (!) some poor sod missed his coach so on we hopped. But in the hurry we didn't realise the girl behind the counter had sold us tickets to Heathrow, not Gatwick. We had to pay extra at Heathrow and all was fine.

Our flight was loooong. We had a change in Dubai and stopped in Bangkok to let people off. When we got to Jakarta airport there was a power cut. We were plunged into pretty much absolute darkness. In true boy scout style I whipped out my torch (that Elaine had earlier mocked) and all was light.

We're staying in a basic hostel/homestay which is Rp35,000 a night (less 2pounds 50p (pound signs have yet to reach the keyboards of Jakarta)). Breakfast (at midday) was Nasi Gorang - rice and vegetables - with satay, prawn and beer. Today we're off to Indonesian 'Disneyland' and tomorrow we're planning on heading out of Jakarta. I'll keep you posted!

Advertisement



8th July 2005

wow
i cant believe youre there but not without a bit of trauma already, i expect nothing less xx

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0713s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb