Gapang Beach, Pulau Weh (Sabang), Indonesia - 20/12/09


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sumatra » Pulau Weh
December 20th 2009
Published: December 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi!

Well, we've finally got something to report!

After a week of almost complete inactivity in KL we hit the road dramatically a few days ago, heading to Penang, just off the west coast north f KL. I say just because the ferry took 10 mins and cost approximately 24p! There's a bridge across as well, that's actually the longer distance! That was after the 8ish hour overnight train ride though, but 3rd class in Malaysia compares quite favorably with some British Rail trains I've been on in recent years.

We stayed in Georgetown for a couple of days, taking in some of the Penang National Park (we trekked to Monkey Beach - sadly it was too late in the day for the monkeys who'd already eaten their fill of tourists.)

Then we headed here, leaving Georgetown at 8.30am (in theory) by ferry, arriving at Medan, Indonesia at about 5pm after a coach ride and an extra taxibike ride (quite interesting with the 2 of us and our bags!).

Then we got a night bus to Banda Aceh (8pm until 6am) and the morning ferry to Pulau Weh, arriving at Gapang Beach at about 11am. Did very little the rest of the day!

We went diving today and saw loads of fish and some quite large moray eels and we're relaxing again tonight.

We're travelling again!!

Tim (and Sarah)

P.S. - The video is up of the view from the toilet in a place we had in the north of Koh Pha Gnan, it's on the entry around he end o November/start of Dec

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb