Arriving in Gorantalo


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sulawesi » Togean Islands
August 5th 2011
Published: September 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

My flight from Maumere to Makassar i had been told was delayed from 9am until 1pm arriving at the airport around 11:30 they assured me the flight was still departing at 1pm. In the end it eventually departed around 3pm! But i arrived in Makassar in time to catch the last flight to Gorantalo. As soon as i arrived and collected my bag i asked at the Sriwijaya office about buying a ticket and on of the staff members escorted me to the ticket office then helped me check-in although i was able to do it by myself it was nice of him to help. I eventually arrived in Gorantalo just after 7 but the airport is 32km from the city and costs 60000 per person for a taxi. As it was now Ramadam and time for Mosque the streets were really busy and the trip took a long time!
Arriving at the hostel i met Andy one of the guys who worked there and he spent the night telling me stories of the Togean boys, stories from when he was in Togean and about Island life with lots of tourists! I would be staying in Melati hotel until friday when the boat to Togean's leaves so it was nice to have someone to talk to as there wasnt any tourist's really there. The next day he showed me where i would be ableto get food and nearly everything is closed during the day, food stalls just opening up after dark.
That night Andy picked me up and took me on a drive around the town and the scooter stopping at the beach which was closed (because of Ramadam), visiting his sister where all the children stared at me and attempting to visit his ex-girlfriend for some reason but he never called to see if she was there first and when we arrived she was out so we headed back to the hotel.
Early Friday morning Pudin arrived from Kadidiri with many tourists that they helped organise on-ward transport for. While going out for lunch i told Pudin he could play on my tablet and download games if he wanted (he downloaded a total of 47games!) not even offering him lunch as it was Ramadam i was surprised when he came and stole half of mine so i headed out to buy more nasi ayam, which for the next week i would be living off! In the end Pudin decided he didnt want to return to Kadidiri that night so that meant staying in Gorantalo until the next boat tuesday evening, and Gorantalo isnt the most interesting of places although nice, but the guys were all really nice so i could pass the time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb