Leaving my favorite people


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sulawesi » Palu
September 1st 2011
Published: September 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

It was an early start to leave Kadidiri as it was Ramadam and everything changes. So as soon as the boat arriving from Gorontalo passed the beach we got up (about 5am) and headed for Wakai. After saying a tearful goodbye to Anna and Mama, Pudin, Teteng, Amal, Eli and Yasin headed for Wakai. We then spent 3hrs or so waiting around Wakai for the boat to depart, Eli was coming to Palu with Teteng, Amal and myself but changed his mind at the last minute. So after saying another tearful goodbye to Pudin at Eli's house Eli took me and Amal back to the harbour and said goodbye as we got on the ferry, Yasin came to the ferry to say goodbye aswell. Wow it was so hard to leave! Teteng, Amal and myself found a mattress on the boat and fell asleep, it was going to be a very tiering day! On arriving in Ampana we were met by a minibus that after picking up a few more people took us to Palu. We arrived at Teteng's family home in Palu at 1:30 in the morning.
We fell asleep quickly but as it was the end of Ramadam everyone was awake at 5 and as we all slept on one floor that meant i was awake too. Two nights with only 3hours sleep were taking there toll! After everyone arrived back from the Mosque we head breakfast and once everyone was ready, this takes a long time in Indonesia! We headed out to visit some family. We had lunch at another family house before heading an hour up the road to the beach. The weather didnt look too good but it stayed dry long enough for us to take lots of photos and have snacks andfor the kids to play in the sea. We then headed back to the family house and after dinner and a bit of messing around cos of-cause this is Indonesia Teteng, her cousin and myself finally went out to the internet cafe! We got caught in the rain and her cousin wasnt comfortable taking three of us on the scooter so had to call a friend, in the end we all got back alive about 11:30, and i had to get up at 4!
In the morning i took a cab to the airport after saying goodbye to Teteng. After two phone calls from Mama in Palu, one call from Anna, a call from Teteng and from Pudin at the airport this wasnt easy leaving! But i had to do it, no visa left. So i got on the plane first to Jakarta then on the Singapore.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb