Lombok


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok
March 2nd 2011
Published: March 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

11/02/2011-17/02/2011

Next I took the ferry to Lombok. I went straight to the south to Kuta (Lombok also has a Kuta) cause Stef was already chilling there for some time and told me the place was amazing. And he wasn't kidding at all...the most beatiful place i have seen in indonesia (and more)...

We stayed there in a homestay (Qurnia's homestay) a bit further from the centre, but this was the best place I have stayed ever. It s hard to find a place more authentic then this. The family extended their home with several rooms so it's kind of "one big happy family place"; don't be afraid when the chickens, dogs or cows walk you by in the garden; at arrival one of the guys climb up in the coconut tree and fetch you a fresh coconut; mama (you also say mama to her) bakes you wonderful banana pancakes in the morning or gado-gado in the evening...

Every day we would take our motorbikes and drive up to a nearby beach. The way up to the beach was every time an adventure, the 'roads' are not in the best state..and after a good rain it's even more fun! I tried surfing a couple of times but I have to admit...I'm no Andy Irons; it's bloody difficult!!!

Diego also came up to Kuta together with Barcelona couple Joel and Montse, so the place was always full with good people; so some nights we would have a barcecue with fresh fish, or a spanish night with tortilla, or just gado gado made by mama...


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

stef..stef..
stef..

popular!!!
the spanish groupthe spanish group
the spanish group

joel, montse, diego and me


Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb