Trip to Gili Meno


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok » Gilli Trawangan
May 17th 2005
Published: May 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The most favorit place for me.
The Gili's, 3 small islands in front of Lombok.
Gili Memo is the most quied one. Only 400 people living on the island. There are beautiful white beaches and a reef whitch is full of colorful fishes.
We left Ubud whit Perama, a travel agency. It's a good agency who takes you around Bali and many other islands in a good organised way. From Padang Bay you go straith whit a fishingboat to Gili Trawanang. Mutch better than the old ferry. Only 15 tourist on the boat, they even have a sandy beach on the upperdeck. Because of bad weather (windy) it was dark when we arrived at Gili Meno. A small boat dropped us at the beach. We found a place to stay at Biru Meno (hotel) for 3 euro p.p. The next day just snorkling and relaxing at the white sandy beach. You walk 3 mtr. in to the water, put your head down and it is like you are in a aquarium. So manny different kinds of fich, so many colors. beautiful!!!!
You can relax at the beacg or in one of the small bars in front of the beach.
In the evening the boys from the bungalow got Barracuda (fish) and prepared it on the grill.
We closed a beautiful day with gitar music and a big fire on the beach.

Greetings from the Gili's, Frank and Kristel

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb